"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."
-Charlie Brown


Monday, August 04, 2008

7 States, 3 National Parks, and 2,900 Miles...

California, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming...

We just got back from our fabulous family vacation. We had such a fun time and the boys were so good! (I'm thinking the portable DVD player was a key component in the harmony of the trip!) I know this may seem shocking to some people...but this was only my 5th time in Utah...ever! I have no Utah relatives, even though I am a 6th generation Mormon! (My mom is from Canada and my Dad is from Minnesota and California).

The first night, we stayed with our friends Pam and Monty in their beautiful house with a really cool basement. (Pam is the person who put me into labor with both my babies - first time by making me walk around the mall 6 times, second time by making me spicy ribs for dinner!) Pam always said she would NEVER live in Utah because she couldn't be away from the beach, but she seems to be very happy there. Noah and Caleb could not get enough of their 2 dogs. Pam and the kids came into Salt Lake with us. (I still can't believe that Brandon can drive now and Brooke is starting seminary in the fall.)






After that we headed to a cabin in Idaho that was 15 minutes from the West entrance of Yellowstone National Park. (Camping is not really my thing.) We had so much fun looking at wildlife, hiking around, and geyser gazing. I got to see buffalo - up close! And we did see one black bear. Yellowstone is such a unique place and we really enjoyed being there. We also spent a day in Grand Teton National Park and hit Zion National Park on our way home.


Yellowstone was definitely the unanimous favorite. We have already talked about going back someday (obviously not this summer!)

5 comments:

korie said...

Those are some great pictures glad you had a great time! Car DVD players were a wonderful invention!

Jennifer said...

What a long road trip! I love your boys' hats. Where can I find something like that?

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Thanks for looking us up! Oh, wait...you didn't! Glad you had a fun time anyway.

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

Awesome trip! I'm glad you got to see buffalo. Stew still hasn't. ha ha I love these kind of trips. They will always remember them! I love our trip to Yellowstone. Great pictures! Next time, maybe we'll come camp with you. :)

Melanie said...

Sounds like a great trip! I remember...is it the Larson's??? Anyways, I enjoyed all of the pictures and I miss the mountains SOOOOO much!