I should come right out and admit that I am a total bookworm. I read constantly - especially during the summer. I figured the Olympics would be a big distraction for me this summer and I wouldn't read as much as I usually do. I still somehow managed to read 8 books.
Every year I read Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte - it is my favorite novel ever. I was thinking this summer I should branch out and not just read 19th century British novels (it was hard for me, but I wanted to try.)
I did not, however, read any books about vampires.



3 comments:
Tara, I wish I read a lot more. Those books look very interesting. I did however read one, yes one Vampire book. I couldn't bring myself to read the rest. I don't think you missed out on that. It was all hype. My reading consists of others blogs, baby websites, and those books were supposed to read daily :)
You are so good to read. I think it's a wonderful problem to have that you read too much great literature. I did read 2 books this summer - one about vampires and one about aliens by the same author. I purchased Jane Eyre last summer to read because my refined friends continue to recommend it, but it sits on my shelf accompanied by Pride & Prejudice (I LOVE the movies, but haven't gotten myself through the books yet).
Thank you for continuing to inspire me.
Oh wait. I did read one other type of book this year - a memoir called the Glass Castle. That was certainly out of my comfort zone, but a good experience for me.
I wish I read more. I usually am a good reader, but with starting preschool, my nights are usually preparing. Also, a little facebook and blog hopping. I can't lie. :) The "vampire" books have been recommended to me so much, my stubbornness kicked in and I don't know if I'll ever read them. I'm sure you're surprised at that. HA Every blog talks about them and how they put their families on hold, because they couldn't put them down. I hate following trends. And yet, I'm still blogging. :)
Post a Comment