"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."
-Charlie Brown


Sunday, June 22, 2008

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

On Friday night we went into LA for chiliburgers at Tommy's and the Dodger game. Since Scott, Noah and I like soccer, our family is more likely to be found at an LA Galaxy game. But Caleb (being the nonconformist) likes baseball, so from time to time we make the attempt to be good parents and do something he would enjoy. (Besides, now that David Beckham plays for the Galaxy, ticket prices for soccer matches have gone up.) Scott and I went on our first date to Tommy's - accompanied by all 5 of his younger brothers and one of his friends.

Yes, Scott is wearing an Indians hat - that is who the Dodgers were playing. We went to one baseball game while we were on vacation in Ohio last summer, and now this So Cal native and lifelong Dodger fan decides to wear that! The Indians won 6-4, by the way.I had not been to Dodger Stadium since a U2 concert in 1992! It hasn't changed that much!

The game went into extra innings, but Caleb couldn't quite make it to the end of the game. We did have a good time and will probably go again soon - after we see a Galaxy game!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I LOVE going to baseball games! Did you buy any peanuts or cracker jacks? I also like your hats, except for Scott's! J/K

korie said...

Those are grate pictures! I tried to find my Dad in the crowd somewhere...
he's always at the Dodger game. I love that Caleb was the one who wanted to go and he fell asleep!