He is a total non-conformist. Caleb just refuses to do things the traditional way. He is very much a "think outside the box" kind of kid. He definitely has a lot of imagination and creativity. Caleb has been a great blessing to our family and I can't imagine life without him. I love him so much!
Caleb constantly has "projects" going on. Here is his version of the log ride. (Notice the safety precautions he took in wearing the helmet.) I remember he asked me to help him run the hose down the slide. I had a hard time convincing him that it would soak the cardboard and ruin the box. I used to play in old boxes too, but I never made anything that fun!
Noah was always scared to death of Scott's Halloween mask. Caleb never seemed afraid of it, even at the age of 2. He loved trying on the mask and looking at himself in the mirror. One morning he came in to wake me up like that! (Camo jammies, Kristine?)
Caleb has always been a night wanderer. He gets out of bed in the middle of the night and falls asleep somewhere else. He has been known to sleep in cupboards, on the floor in his brother's room, the couch... anyplace except his own bed. One morning we could not find him anywhere. Normally this would cause fear in a parent, but we have an alarm that goes off when any window or door is opened. We knew he had to be in the house somewhere. Finally Scott opened the linen closet in the hallway and found him just like this...fast asleep and squished between boxes and towels. (If you look closely under his right shoulder, you can see his famous "duckie blankie". My friend Korie made it for him and he slept with it every night - wherever he ended up - until I finally had to confiscate it.)
Happy Birthday Caleb!!!!!!! It's been 8 great years having you around. We love you!!!!!



6 comments:
Hi! It's the "Ducky Blanket Maker" I was tearing up as I read that. I can't believe Caleb is 8. To bad we're going to miss his baptism. Hope you guys have a great day! They grow too fast. I guess it's time I got started on another blanket for our Number 3...too bad we're not 100% sure if it's a girl.
Happy Birthday from all of us in Colorado Caleb!
I died laughing at the "LOG RIDE" picture! I hope Caleb had a fun birthday! When is his baptism?
I love the mask pic! That kid is hilarious.
Love the pics! Happy Birthday to Caleb. We meant to call. The girls were thinking of him. Love the log ride. So clever. Love the jammies! I noticed the christmas ones were from me too. Too bad your boys are too big to keep making them. More material than the price at the store. Maybe I could just make the pants.:) I can't believe that masked boy (I remember him NOT being afraid, too) is 8! So fast! Love you Caleb!
Happy Birthday, Caleb. We are so excited to come and see you in a few weeks. I can hardly believe you are 8 already.
I really CAN'T believe that it's been nearly 8 years since we were both hanging out in the mothers lounge with our babes. I'm glad those baby boys introduced us.
Post a Comment