"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."
-Charlie Brown


Sunday, March 08, 2009

Happy Birthday Noah!

My Noah is 11 years old today. Almost without me realizing it, he completely changed my life. I can't imagine what we did before he came along to join our family. I love him so much!

When we found out I was expecting a baby, we were shocked. We had been through several years of fertility treatments and the doctors were not optimistic about us having a child. So, we decided to try and adopt. We went through the whole application process- fingerprints, paperwork, fees, and had just been approved. However, life is full of surprises and this guy had other ideas...
Noah was a calm, cheerful baby and would go to almost anybody. He still has an easy going, happy personality and is very social. I have no idea how he got such confidence, because both Scott and I were extremely shy when we were young.

I can't remember a time when Noah did not love to play soccer...or ANY sport, for that matter. His first word was not Mom or Dad...it was "BALL!"

He wasn't too fond of Caleb at first, but he has become a great big brother. I am so grateful that my boys are friends and like being around each other. He is a great example to his little brother.

I am proud of the young man Noah has become. He is responsible and dependable. He studies hard in school and makes friends easily. I am sometimes sad to think he is so grown up, but I look forward to seeing what he can accomplish in the future.

Happy Birthday Noah!!! We Love You!!!

3 comments:

lyndsey said...

what a cute boy (young man?)! happy birthday noah!

Melanie said...

Wow, Noah is 11 years old! I remember when when you told me (the YW) that you were pregnant with him! I was SO happy for you and Scott. Noah is a very handsome young man!

korie said...

Hope he had a great Birthday! The pic of the boys sitting on the couch is how I picture him in my head. Not so grown up :)