
U2 has a new album coming out this week. I know most people probably don't care all that much. For me though, it feels like my birthday, Christmas, and St. Patrick's Day all rolled into one. (They are an Irish band, after all!) It would be a huge understatement to say that I am excited about it. I have been a U2 fan since I was 14. I have seen them in concert 11 times. I still have a U2 poster up in my room, although Scott makes me keep it it the closet. I adore this band and I have for more than 25 years.
The new album was accidentally leaked online last week in Australia. Now it is all over the internet if you want to download the digital version. However, I am waiting until the official release date Tuesday. I come from the album (as in record) generation. I need the hard copy for my first listening experience. I want to read lyrics and look at the photos and artwork the first time I hear the music. My first listen can't be through the speakers on my computer! I guess I'm kind of old school that way. Will I love the new album as much as I love their other music? I don't know...but I'm looking forward to finding out!



3 comments:
Tara, put down the crack pipe. Just kidding... kind of.
I know, I know, I have plenty of vices/obsessions/addictions.
Yeah for you have a Happy and Merry U2 day. Oh and you better wear green or I will pinch you!
Tara, If the only vice you have is to listen to certain music groups such as U2, it is not bad. You have so many positive things about you and I love that you are excited about special things. I love reading your blog. M
Post a Comment