"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."
-Charlie Brown


Tuesday, October 27, 2009

U2 is in my DNA

Scott and I went to see U2 in Las Vegas last Friday night. I may have already mentioned my fondness for this band. Some people call me a "U2 freak", but I prefer the term "U2 aficionado". (Look it up , my non-Spanish speaking amigos)
Don't I look a tiny bit excited in this picture?

You know how music that you have listened to your whole life is almost part of your DNA makeup? That is how U2's music is for me. I know every song (even the B-sides) and I love seeing them live. They are fantastic live - and this tour was BIG. This was the biggest stage ever constructed for a rock show. I can't even begin to describe the stage. It was like a spaceship! I know that sounds bizarre, but it was awesome!

One of my favorite parts of the entire show was when Bono sang "Amazing Grace" on stage alone...with his green guitar known as the "Irish Falcon" - don't ask me how I know that...well, you can ask me if you don't call me a freak... (I was not close enough to take this picture - I borrowed it from another blog.)

Someone I was talking to the other day said he would not waste money on a U2 concert...he could just listen to their albums. Totally appalled, I replied, "You don't know what you're missing!" I can't wait until the next show...

4 comments:

Jeni said...

I'm so happy you got to see U2! Even your almost 30-year-old (YIKES!) former Laurel knows how much you love U2 and the Beatles. If someone asked me what three things come to mind when I think of you I'd say those two bands and a red Mustang. Ü

Mel and I were talking the other night and she told me how you said you needed to dance around her living room before she got her furniture in. HA HA! I'd forgotten that we did that at your house. SUCH FUN MEMORIES!

korie said...

I'm going to have to go to AskScott.com to figure out that Spanish comment.

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

I am sure it was a fantastic show. I heard recently that the tour is in so much debt that it may end early! Must be an amazing show to spend that much money on it! I am sure they would scale it down before they ever shut it down. Anyway...so jealous!

Stewart Van Buskirk said...

I watched the show from The Rose Bowl on YouTube, and that stage WAS amazing. "Like a spaceship" is a very fair description.