
My friend Janelle took picures of all the Primary kids in our ward. When I saw this one she took of Caleb and Noah, I almost started to cry. It's not that I don't like the picture - I think it's great. They just look so grown up! Maybe it's because the picture is black and white...maybe it's the church clothes...or maybe it has to do with the fact that I just bought Noah a pair of shoes in the men's department...I don't know. All I know is that when I look at this picture, I don't see little boys anymore.
Compare the picture Janelle took with one I took about 5 years ago. They have changed SO much! I try really hard to appreciate the phases of life as they are happening to me, but sometimes I get distracted. I'm busy making dinner! I'm job hunting constantly. Do you know how much laundry is generated by two boys? I am afraid that they will turn into grown men while I'm not paying attention. This post is really just a reminder to myself to not let little, everyday things keep me from remembering what a blessing it is to be their mother.



7 comments:
Tara,
You and Scott are doing a great job of raising those two in an increasingly difficult world. They are fortunate to have the parents that they do.
Dad
WOW! They do look so grown up! Thanks for giving me a reminder to slow down and take in every minute.
I don't know what it is about that picture... but I agree. They are so grown up and lucky to have you!
Holy Cow! I loved the post, and then I scrolled down and saw the "little" boy picture... AWWW! What cute little boys! It made them look even BIGGER in the first! The do grow way too fast. Thanks for the reminder to enjoy the present. I get caught up in life, also. One day, my girls will be bringing home "boyfriends!" Awww! Crazy! Love this post!
I was talking to Mel the other day about how it'd be so fun to come visit you. Once my little guy gets a little bit older hopefully we can make it down there to visit. It'd be fun if Mel and I could coordinate trips so we could all hang out like old times.
Love you too and miss you.
Wow, they are growing up fast! Do you think Noah still likes the movie BABE??? Thank you for your comments on our blog. It was SO good talking to you last weekend. We need to do it more often.
Jeffrey is pushing for a ping pong table to put in ou Living Room! What do you think?
I love those pictures... what cute boys at both ages!
Post a Comment