"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."
-Charlie Brown


Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Bang The Drum

Noah wants to play the saxophone in the band at school. Rental from a music store is around $45 a month. I figured we might as well buy one rather than rent. Since my husband happens to be VERY ebay/craigslist savvy, I put him in charge of finding a used one to buy. Somehow, we still don't have a saxophone, but Scott has a new drum set. He tells me, "It's in great condition and I got a deal on it; I couldn't pass it up."

In his defense, he has wanted a drum set for a while. He used to play drums in high school and was even in a garage band with a couple of his friends. The problem is...all 3 of the males in my house have taken quite a liking to playing those drums! Now I know what Ringo's mother must have felt like! :) When I complain that I can't hear myself think, they break out the "mom's bagpipe playing" argument. I guess I deserve that.

5 comments:

korie said...

that cracked me up! good luck with that :)

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Tara you and Farley can always come and visit us when the noise level gets too high!
Mom

Anonymous said...

What is the name of this group that will have drums, a sax, and bagpipes? The Irish Three? What a unique sound!

Dad

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

That's hilarious! Scott makes me laugh! I love that they bust out the "mom's bagpipes". ha ha You can hang out here if the drums get too loud. But, you'd have to endure some crazy kids here with a lot of piano. It's not as loud. :)

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

Rock on, Scott! You guys need to start a new trend with a skins and bag band.