Caleb and I took a quick road trip with my parents to Sacramento. My cousin has 2 girls that were being baptized on Saturday, so we decided to go. Noah and Scott stayed home because Noah had a soccer game. It takes about 7 hours to drive from our house. We were only there for 2 days - but we did do a little bit of sightseeing.
Friday night we walked around the grounds of the Sacramento Temple. It was dedicated in 2006 and this was my first time seeing it. After my grandparents moved from Canada to California, they lived in the Sacramento Stake for over 50 years. This temple would have been very significant to them. I thought it was beautiful. I took some pictures, but they all turned out too dark.

(OK, I'm adding this one that I found online. The fountain out front was gorgeous.)

Here is Caleb enjoying the snacks that Grandma brought in the car - liccorice, chips, cookies...he was very happy. Also, he watched
E.T. twice. It's one of his favorites.

Every summer when we would visit my grandparents, they always took us to Sutter's Fort. There are a lot of historical sights having to do with the gold rush and early California history in the area.

Quick trip - but we had fun.
2 comments:
We love reading your blog. Thank goodness for TV's on car trips. You really scared me when I read about Noah's homework, I'm already stressed with first grade homework. They have to go and change the names for everything in Math.
I'll just send Velzy over and Noah can help her, when we get back, if we ever do.
That is a pretty picture of the temple fountains.
Post a Comment