"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."
-Charlie Brown


Sunday, November 23, 2008

Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?

To be honest, I have been asking myself that question a lot recently. I actually have a 5th grader living in my house. Let's just say the homework is starting to become a bit on the challenging side - especially the science and math.

Last week Noah had a science test on chemical reactions, acids, and bases. I don't know about everybody else, but I did not learn about the pH scale, elements, and compounds until I took chemistry in 10th grade. Luckily, he brought home his book so we could review the chapter together. He got 102% on the test! Here is the extra credit question where he describes what happens when you combine hydrochloric acid and sodium hydroxide.



I know for sure that I would not have been able to answer that question as a 5th grader!

No comments: