My two kids have VERY different personalities. Noah is outgoing and social. He makes friends easily. He is very competitive and enjoys any type of sport or game. He has a fantastic memory. He likes structure and is a rule follower. In contrast, Caleb tends to be a loner. He despises structure (and authority) and is what I call a rule "tester". He is not competitive and doesn't really care what other people think. He has an artistic streak and has almost zero interest in sports - unless you count snowboarding and riding motorcycles.
The boys do share a common love of Legos, bikes, and Star Wars... but their different points of view speak volumes: Noah likes Luke Skywalker - the hero and good guy. Caleb thinks Darth Vader is awesome. Even shopping for Halloween decorations was interesting. Noah looked at the spiders and bats. Caleb wanted to buy every skull in the store.
Because they are so different, it sometimes surprises me that they get along so well. They genuinely like each other and like being together. Recently, they have started a new Friday night tradition called "sleepover". They both get to sleep on the floor in Noah's room. Last night we set up the blankets and pillows and I tucked them in. Later I went to check on them and they looked adorable.
The boys do share a common love of Legos, bikes, and Star Wars... but their different points of view speak volumes: Noah likes Luke Skywalker - the hero and good guy. Caleb thinks Darth Vader is awesome. Even shopping for Halloween decorations was interesting. Noah looked at the spiders and bats. Caleb wanted to buy every skull in the store.
Because they are so different, it sometimes surprises me that they get along so well. They genuinely like each other and like being together. Recently, they have started a new Friday night tradition called "sleepover". They both get to sleep on the floor in Noah's room. Last night we set up the blankets and pillows and I tucked them in. Later I went to check on them and they looked adorable.
I am so thankful that they have each other.



4 comments:
Wow they are sooo big. Caleb doesn't even need the ducky blanket any more (well it's been a while.) Sure are cute boys!
Well Korie any kid would look big next to your week old Halle!
I still have the ducky blankie - it's just hidden away.
Our girls do a Friday night sleep over but all 3 start off in Alexa's double bed - but someone usually ends up on the floor. I agree, it's the best thing when your kids get along and enjoy being together.
Tara,
They are very different people but each has some great qualities and will be wonderful young men.
Their proud Granpa Van
Post a Comment