"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."
-Charlie Brown


Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day Surprises (NOT)

On Thursday I was listening to the radio in the car. An announcement came on about Crowded House playing a show next weekend in L.A. (Crowded House is a band, for you non-musical types). A band Scott and I both like, we just got the new CD, it's been on heavy rotation for the last few weeks...

When I got home I logged onto Ticketmaster, found that tickets were still available, and called Scott in to show him. He was acting weird - like he didn't want to go. Now, I LOVE going to see live music. It's one of my favorite things to do. But Scott probably loves it even more than I do, so I couldn't figure out his lack of enthusiasm. It wasn't making sense! After a few minutes, he digs around on the shelf behind me and hands me an envelope. "Happy Mother's Day," he said. Inside - Crowded House tickets - he already had them!



One surprise being ruined was bad enough, but then...

The next night, the whole family was walking out to the car. I opened the passenger side door and there was a big bag that said "Home Goods" sitting on the front seat. Just last week we were in that store and I saw something I liked - a red mini phone booth, the British kind. My very sweet husband went back and bought it for me, but forgot to hide it in the house. (Probably because he had just brought us dinner.) I tried to play it off like I hadn't seen anything, but it was too late.

I am so glad I married him!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool!

korie said...

Happy Mothers Day! That was so nice. What a thoughtful guy!

Melanie said...

Wow! Has Bro.Z always been thoughtful like that? Who knew? J/K :)

Jennifer said...

Hey! i just finished reading your entire blog. (Thanks for leaving a comment on mine so I could find you). I hope you are liking the experiment so far.

As far as the Mothers Day surprise, I love that Scott already had exactly what you wanted. Perfect.