"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."
-Charlie Brown


Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Mammoth 2010

We spent the week in Mammoth celebrating the 50th anniversary of Scott's parents. We were able to spend time with some of his brothers, who we don't see very often. I think I can speak for my whole family when I say we had a great time!

While we were there, we visited Bodie, an old ghost town. I was surprised at how well preserved it is. The kids had fun checking out the old buildings and wandering around the town.


Our friends Dan and Deirdre happened to be up there at the same time. Dan lived across the street from Scott when they were growing up, so he knows all 5 of his brothers and Scott's mom and dad. He's an honorary member of the family!


The four teachers in front of the old schoolhouse!


Deirdre and I took a hike to McLeod Lake and had a picnic. It was gorgeous. I had a small accident on the hike back down...luckily Deirdre only had to drive me to Rite Aid for first aid supplies and not to the hospital for stitches!
McLeod Lake

There were still patches of snow in several places, which made the kids happy. Just try and keep kids away from snow! This is us at Minaret Vista.

Of course we brought the motorcycles up...the boys had so much fun riding. The boys also did some mountain biking, which I didn't get any pictures of.


Caleb
Noah

The whole reason for the trip...a 50th wedding anniversary. Judy and Jerry had all 6 of their sons and all 16 of their grandchildren there. I know they loved every minute of it!

2 comments:

korie said...

Great pictures Tara. It sure looks beautiful there.

Can't wait to hear all about your accident!

The family photo is awesome. That's huge that all of the kids and grandkids could be there.

Lisa said...

Love the pics!