"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."
-Charlie Brown


Friday, January 22, 2010

Take A Hike

The North Etiwanda Preserve is a hiking area about 10 minutes from our house. Last Saturday, we decided to check it out. The boys thought it was great fun, I loved the views of the mountains, and Farley was the happiest dog you've ever seen. Scott may have some negative associations with the trails - he helped with our Stake service project up there a few months back and it ended up being trash clean up the whole day.
This kid LOVES to climb and get dirty. He was totally in his element. I have always thought he should live on a farm.


Farley is supposed to be a family pet, but he is crazy about Scott! If Scott is around, the rest of us get ignored.

Noah never complains when I want to take his picture. I wish I was a better photographer!

It was a gorgeous day...perfect weather...family together time...and no cost! We will have to do it again.

4 comments:

korie said...

Looks like fun. I have been wanting to do that hike for a long time. Seems like you made it up there just in time before all this crazy weather.

Stewart Van Buskirk said...

We did the hike this afternoon. Thanks for the inspiration. It was a good time and the kids did good. They already want to do it again.

Melanie said...

Looks fun! I miss the mountains!

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

Thanks for the idea! We loved it! Looks like a good-get-out -of-the-house-activity we'll be doing again!