"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."
-Charlie Brown


Monday, July 06, 2009

Irish Dreams

It has always been a dream of mine to visit Ireland. It all started when I was in 6th grade. My teacher had a book of place names from around the world that I used to enjoy reading. The book had a section on The Hill of Tara in Ireland and I was fascinated. I told Scott a few years ago that I wanted to go to Ireland for my 40th birthday. We have taken trips to Europe twice before, but without our kids. This time I wanted Noah and Caleb to come along.

People I met in Ireland would ask me if I was Irish. They would see my red hair and freckles and with the name Tara...they would assume that I was. (I'm not... well sort of, a tiny bit in a really roundabout way.) A guy on the street in Dublin even asked me where to get on the number 10 bus!

I have seen pictures of Ireland in books and on television...but nothing compares to seeing it in person with your own eyes. It really is so beautiful it can take your breath away. There is a saying that Ireland has "40 shades of green" and I think it might be true. We had such a wonderful trip. I took so many pictures and I couldn't possibly post them all on my blog...here are just a few of my favorites.


3 comments:

korie said...

Wow these are amazing. But, I'm still coming over to see more. So glad you made your 4Oth Birthday dream come true.

Sara said...

Love the pics! That looked so fun and beautiful. I also LOVE Kathy, she is hilarious!!! Happy Late Birthday!!!

Kristine Van Buskirk said...

I can't believe I never commented on this. I've looked at them enough. I think if I look at them enough, I might actually get there. :) Love the pics! Thanks for sharing them with us!