
On June 6th I celebrated
BIG...as in a really big number. I am now officially
40 years old. Most of my family and friends were expecting a little bit of freaking out to take place on my part. I have to say that I did very well. Turning 40 was not traumatic for me at all. I guess I have accepted the fact that time is not going to be turned back, and I really wouldn't want that to happen anyway (except for maybe the gray hairs and small wrinkles around my eyes). I have been so blessed in my life. I have a wonderful family. I have been able to accomplish many of my goals in life and I feel like I still have a lot to look forward to in the future. 3 of my 4 grandparents lived into their 90's - my Grandma Archibald made it to 99 and 1/2! So chances are good that I am not even halfway done yet! (
Thanks to my friend Deirdre, I had chocolate cake on my birthday!)

No celebration for me is complete without a trip to my favorite restaurant -
Don Jose! I love guacamole!

And the night before my birthday, we went to a Dodger game. There were even fireworks after the game to honor my birthday! Why else would they have fireworks? These two boys would probably sleep in their Dodger hats if I let them!
What a great weekend. Now the countdown is on for my birthday trip to Ireland...
6 comments:
Happy Birthday Tara! I've never seen the lines around your eyes or a gray hair :)
You're sweet Korie, but you might want to get your eyes checked!
Happy Birthday. I agree. I haven't seen any grey hair or lines. I hope that I can look that good when it's my turn - in a few short years.
I'm SO MAD at myself! You know every year I remember your birthday. I rememebered you this year too but I didn't do anything about because of lot's of distractions in my life since last Thursday (see my blog for details)....anyways, Happy Belated Birthday Tara! You do not look 40! Don't even complain to me about a "few" gray hairs! Let's just say I inherited some gray genes in my early 20's! grrr. I miss you and think you ROCK! Jeff and I keep talking about how we need to go to CA. I know we just need to do it. When do you go to Ireland? Just in case we decide last minute to visit this summer. :)
The big four-O! I am right behind you, sista'!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!
Post a Comment