"In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back."
-Charlie Brown


Thursday, December 11, 2008

Deck the Halls

We have been busy at our house the past few weeks getting ready for Christmas. The boys love to get out the ornaments for the tree. Yes, we already have a present or two under there.

This is a picture of the top of my piano. We have a new store in town called Tai Pan Trading - which is apparently huge in Utah. I had never heard of it, so I went to check it out after the grand opening. It was fabulous. I got all this stuff for about $25.
And it would not be Christmas for me without a Della Robia wreath for my front door. These are made at Boy's Republic HS in Chino - my hometown. The school is an alternative to juvenile hall and the wreaths are the main fundraiser to keep their program going. My mom was a teacher there for over 20 years. She still sends us one of these every year, even though she is now retired. It smells fantastic. That is real fruit on there too.

Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Casey said...

My sister in law worked at Tai Pan in Utah. I am so jealous you have one out there. I've been trying to convince her to open something like that out here. We don't have much of that around here - mostly furniture stores. Love all the stuff you bought.

korie said...

I can't wait to go to Tai Pan! I've heard so much about it from all the girls here that used to live in UT. Love your wreath, I do remember you always having that. See you soon!

Melanie said...

Tara,
Your house looks beautiful for the holidays! I've never heard of Tai Pan... you made a good purchase. Very cute stuff! We got your Christmas card yesterday, thank you!
I miss you. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
love,
Mel

www.mostblessedman.blogspot.com said...

I have a Dela Robia Wreath too! I buy them for the other big wigs at work...the costs add up quickly!

Sarah loves the Tai Pan Trading Company. The first time we saw one was five years ago in San Diego. She was happy when they finally came to Utah.

Lisa said...

nice! Very pretty!