Caleb had the opportunity to perform at a piano/dance recital. Aunt Kristine's piano students were invited to play between dance numbers. Caleb was so excited and he has been practicing non-stop so he could have his tune memorized. By the way...he has been planning his outfit for weeks. Here's the conversation we had as we were about to leave:
Me: Caleb, is that a pen in your pocket?
Caleb: Yes...
Me: What if it falls or something when you are playing?
Caleb: But I might need it.
Me: I don't think you'll need it, why don't you leave it here?
Caleb: Somebody might want my autograph!
He did such an awesome job. He told me after the show that he wished he could have played a few more songs and he can't wait to do it again next year. I can't believe he wasn't nervous. When I was that age, I was extremely shy and there is no way I would have played in front of 200 people.
A few days before that, Noah took part in the 6th grade band concert for the district. They got to perform in the theater at Los Osos High School! I did not make him wear the suit...it was his idea.
I was shocked at how great the band sounded. There were about 130 kids from 4 different schools. They were so much better than I was expecting. I was impressed with how well they all played, especially since they have only been playing for a year!
Noah couldn't stop talking about how much fun he had. He was sad the show was over so quickly. He has already signed up for band next year in junior high. I guess that saxophone was worth the investment!



3 comments:
Great Job,guys. Wish we could have been there to hear it. I'm with your mom, I would have been a nervous wreck.
I want an autograph! I love the outfits the boy chose! They look so cute. Don't tell them I said, "cute" though!
I would have had Caleb sign my program! He has only taken piano lessons for 4 months and he did a great job. I was so proud of him.
I'm with Tara; I could not believe that kids would play so well after only one year. They were awsome!!
Post a Comment